Recently, my wife and I took a dream cruise to Alaska. It was not only an amazing vacation, it was a life experience. Interestingly, Princess Cruise Lines motto is “Escape Completely.”
And we did! We got away from everything, and while we were away we watched glaciers calve massive columns of ice into the sea, we took the same Otter plane that Johny Depp and Harrison Ford flew earlier this year and flew over amazing Fjords, 2,000 foot waterfalls, and mountain peaks so closely I got great pictures of the mountain goats lying out in the sun on patches of snow.
But best of all was when I got back my “mostly automated” business made me over $11,000. And THAT is what I mean by escaping the matrix. The opposite is the matrix, the world most people subscribe to. It’s a 9-5, work for somebody else, 2 weeks of vacation a year type of life. It’s making just enough to get by, until you retire with not enough to live on. It’s working for “the man.”
So how do you escape? Here’s a few tips:
1. Decide to. You have to decide you are going to live life on your own terms, and not be dictated to by anybody else.
2. Commit to personal development. Read those great books that motivate, inspire, and train. A couple good ones to start with would be Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, and 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss.
3. Carve out time daily to build your own business. You will never escape the matrix working for somebody else.
4. Start spending time with people that have already done it, while severely limiting time with those that are dream stealers. You can’t escape the matrix alone, and you can’t do it with negative people weighing you down like a ships anchor.
5. Create a statement that you write out morning and night. A couple years ago I was working with Chris Hughes as my personal success coach. He had me create a statement, then write it out in my journal day and night, and forced me to take a picture of it and send it to him daily! Here’s the statement I created:
“I am so happy earning, investing, and spending $30,000 a month!” I wrote it, I thought about it, I concentrated on it, and 11 months later I earned over $40,000 that month. It absolutely works.
6. Learn online marketing. It’s the easiest way I know to create success in this economic environment. Review my blog and others like it, visit the Warrior Forum and other online sites, and commit to become an expert marketer.
7. Be patient. Don’t listen to those loud voices telling you you can get rich with this program or that MLM or their “push button easy” system. Your success will come from you and your personal skill set, and your effective use of the right tools and strategies. Nobody and no system will do it for you, you are your own answer.
Wishing you success! Dave..